Monday, March 1, 2010

Bloody Mouldering Monday

So our "everything-in-moderation-from-now-on" plan didn't live to see Friday night. As soon as I got home I got a shandy in one hand and cigarette in the other. I feel a bit guilty that I didn't do some work on Saturday like I said I would the whole week, mainly 'cause I spent the whole week avoiding said work 'cause I though I would have the whole weekend for it. Oh well, it was fun regardless and a major thing that I try to avoid these days is any more baggage.

Two weeks to Cape Town train trip and excitement is mounting! Haven't been on a train in such a long time and nostalgic visions from my rose-tinted childhood train trips keep flooding my senses. Already have two interesting restaurants on the itinerary, Vaudeville Theatre and Pancho's (I know, it's in Obs). If any of you have any other suggestions please let me know, I plan to weigh more than my luggage by the end of the trip;)

This coming weekend is the Artist-currently-known-as-My-Partner's exhibition in Melville. Always an exciting if somewhat nerve wrecking experience, but the wine is free and flows like water while I stand around looking all intellectual and pretending I know something about art. The trick is to use the word "juxtaposition" a lot.

Well let me go and pay some bills. Damn you Monday, you could at least have used some lube.

3 comments:

  1. LOL!! Monday is a mean son-of-a-bitch, rude, obnoxious and always messes with my hair. Umm, dude, the moderation thing… eish, I’ve just decided to stop fighting it. As for the exhibition, awesome stuff, kudos on the free wine. here’s hoping Tuesday is kinder to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx! Really I should be kinder to myself over weekends so I don't feel like this on Mondays;) It's hard to change filthy habits formed over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand! My boyfriend and I went out for the first time in months on Friday and were very – very – very tender come Saturday morning. Got to get used to the fact that I’m not 21 anymore and I can not do the drinking and dancing all night thing!

    ReplyDelete