Friday, January 28, 2011

Colour me surprised

Well you do live and learn. Well I do anyway. Here is an interesting article regarding the original colours of Greek antiquities. Not white, as we've always been lead to believe. I remember le bf had been reading the book Colour and told me about it as well. I suppose it was kind of silly thinking that the Greeks, who had close ties with the East and have always been a very expressive people would have all of their houses and statues done up in white only, kind of like ancient minimalists.

But still, this is a bit shocking:

"Ah! Ah! Ah! Staying alive!"               



























"Not the face!"






















No really. You can hardly tell you've had botox.



















Ok that last one isn't too bad, it's actually quite realistic. Like this one:























But most of them are in done in a eye gougingly horrible colour scheme that would put most ravers to shame.

"Do you think the hat is too much?"




















"I told that bitch I'd cut her if I saw her again! She didn't listen!"



















I'm just going to pretend I never saw this.

No comments:

Post a Comment